The Commercial Truck Driving Certificate Program provides basic training in the principles (classroom) and skills of commercial truck operations (on driving range and over-the-road). At the completion of the program, the student is administered the Georgia CDL Skills Exam by the Georgia Department of Drivers Services.Apply Now! Career Options
Minimum Program Length: 8 weeks (220 contact hours)
Estimated Program Cost: $2,225
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Additional costs beyond Program Cost of $404 to cover
- 7 year MVR
- USDOT Physical
- USDOT Drug Screening
- State Motor Vehicle Exams
- CDL License Fee
- Fuel Surcharge
Entrance RequirementsAdmissions Requirements
- Must be 21years of age
- Must submit current 7 year MVR with no more than 8 points (or 5 points in one year) or 4 moving violations.
- Must have valid Georgia Driver's License and Class A Combination Vehicle Learner's Permit.
- Must pass USDOT Physical and Drug Screen.
- Official high school or GED transcript is not required to apply, however, you must complete and provide the official high school or GED transcript as a requirement for graduation. No credential will be awarded until the official transcript is received in the registrar's office.
- Achievement of minimum program admission scores in Reading, English, and Math.
- Transfer of previous post secondary credits will be determined by the registrar.
At a GlanceContact: Vicki Seagraves