The Academic Success Center (ASC) provides free and holistic tutorial support services. Tutors are trained in the Peer-Led Team Learning (PLTL) model and offer tutorial services in Mathematics, English, Reading, and basic Microsoft Office. Tutorial services are also offered via Upswing, a virtual tutoring platform. Located in room C2118, the Academic Success Center provides an open study area, face-to-face tutorial, Internet access, and various tutorial computer software.
The Academic Success Center’s operating hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-8:00pm, Friday, 8:00am-12:30pm, and Saturday, 9:00am-1:00pm. You may call the center at 404.225.4636.
The following is a list of rules that apply to the ASC:
- No cell phone voice calls;
- No food or beverages near the computers;
- Children are not allowed in the ASC due to safety and liability issues;
- Please refrain from loud talking since it distracts tutoring sessions and prevents us from creating an environment that is conducive to learning;
- Please sign in/out at the computer log before /after all computer usage;
- Please make sure you have ALL personal items with you when you leave the ASC
The Academic Success Center also coordinates the instruction for the First Year Experience (FYES 1001) course, which serves as a bridge for new students to connect them with the information, resources, and support that will contribute to a successful college experience.
Hours of Operation: