Adult Education Department
Welcome to the Adult Education Program at Atlanta Technical College!
The Atlanta Technical College Adult Education Department Commitment
Atlanta Technical College is committed to providing GED® preparatory courses to assist residents of Georgia acquire basic skills in reading, writing, and math computation. The courses are FREE of charge to students who have not completed high school. During the program, students are able to enroll in a career pathway at the College or earn a Technical Certificate of Credit in a high demand occupation in as little as six months!.
- Classes are offered free of charge
- All locations are MARTA accessible
- The main campus has an affordable childcare center
- Coaches help you transition to college or career (*ATC does not guarantee employment)
- You will feel a sense of accomplishment and pride when you obtain your GED
How Do You Sign Up?
You must register online for orientation and testing to begin classes. Orientations are held virtually every week. After you complete the pre-registration survey for orientation a team member will contact you to set up placement testing. Please see below for the required documents necessary to begin.
A current, valid government-issued ID is required for admission into the program. Acceptable forms of identification are listed below.
- Driver’s license or ID issued by a state or territory
- U.S Permanent Resident card
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Military ID
- Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
- Foreign passport with I-94, I-94A or I-94W
- Foreign passport with U.S. Visa
If you are 16 or 17 you cannot take the GED exams until first enrolling in the program and attending courses. You must bring a parent or guardian with valid ID and the following documentation to the Orientation:
- Government-Issued/non-expired Student ID
- Government-Issued/non-expired Parent ID
- Birth Certificate
- School Withdrawal Form (see criteria below)
* Name on withdrawal form must match student’s ID
* Withdrawal form must be original and have a high school administrator’s signature
* Withdrawal form must be dated
* Parent MUST sign if student is 16 or 17 years old
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-225-4433