Atlanta Technical College Foundation Scholarships
AGL Resources Scholarship
AGL Resources funds scholarships to support students who are majoring in Air Conditioning Technology, Business Management Degree or Diploma Business Technology-Degree or Diploma, Construction Management, Electrical Systems Technology, Marketing Management Degree or Diploma, and PC Repair & Network Technical Specialist.
Arlane O. Robinson Scholarship
The Arlane O. Robinson Scholarship will be used to support, in perpetuity at Atlanta Technical College. This scholarship reflects the desire of the Robinson Family to encourage and reward academic achievement, across all program areas, and to foster career development for the identified Scholars.
Bryant A. Lee Memorial Scholarship
The Bryant A. Lee Memorial Scholarship reward academic excellence and encourage students to pursue an automotive career in Auto Chassis Technician, Automotive Collision Repair, Automotive Technology, Diesel Engine Service, Diesel Equipment, and Diesel Truck Maintenance.
Atlanta Technical College BMW Student Scholarship
The purpose of the BMW scholarship fund is to reward academic excellence and encourage students to pursue an automotive technician career with BMW.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time (12 hours or more) student in the automotive program seeking a career opportunity with BMW. Applicants must be in their program of study for at least two (2) semesters, and must have taken AUT 120, AUT 122, and AUT 124 prior to making application for the scholarship
- Applicants must posses a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (based on a four-point system)
- Applicants must apply for financial aid within the college. If awarded, the scholarship will supplement any financial aid a student receives.
The Brenda Watts Jones Memorial Foundation Student Scholarship
The purpose of The Brenda Watts Jones Memorial Foundation Student Scholarship Fund is to reward academic excellence and encourage students to pursue technical education in the following areas: Aircraft Mechanic, Emergency Medical Technician, Database Administrator, Practical Nursing, Pharmacy, Diesel Mechanic, Hotel Manager, Dental Lab Technician, Graphic Designer, Health Information Technician, Firefighter, Paralegal, Plumber, Marketing Manager, Heating & Air Technician, Dental Assistant, Drafter, and Medical Assistant.
Additionally, the following categories of students are urged to apply:
- Current or prospective students who are employed and seek to enhance their professional credentials or license; and
- Single students (male or female) with children.
- Applicants must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade average.
Dr. Brenda Watts Jones Allied Health Scholarship
The purposed of this scholarship is to financially assist students who are enrolled in an "Allied Health" program. Programs include but are not limited to - Bio-science Technology, Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Dental Laboratory Technology, Healthcare Science, Health Information Technology, Medical Assisting, Medical Laboratory Technology, Nursing, Physical Therapy Assistant, Radiologic Technology, and Surgical Technology.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit hours or more)
- The student must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
The Atlanta Technical College Retirees Student Book Scholarship
As an opportunity to give back in honor of the many students they have served the Atlanta Technical College Retirees Scholarship recognizes top students to encourage them to accomplish their educational goals. The funds awarded can assist the student with books, tools, program uniforms.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time (12 semester hours or more) student in a credit program of study.
- Applicants must possess a minimum grade point average of 2.5
- Applicants must provide a copy of their banner web transcript and grade report from the most current semester (summer or fall 2016). The transcript must also indicate that the student will be enrolled full time for spring 2017 semester (semester of award).
- Applicants must submit a typed, double-spaced, one-page essay on why they should receive the scholarship and how it will aid them in completing their technical education.
The Bryant A. Lee Memorial Scholarship
The purpose of the scholarship shall be to reward academic excellence and encourage students to pursue an automotive technician career.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time (12 semester hours or more) student in the automotive technology credit program of study.
- Applicants must possess a minimum grade point average of 2.5 (based on a four-point system).
The Steve and Charlotte Howard HVAC ScholarshipThe Steve and Charlotte Howard HVAC Scholarship rewards academic excellence and encourages student to pursue the Air Conditioning Technology Diploma program.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the Air Conditioning Technology Diploma program
- Applicant must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average
The Coca-Cola First Generation Scholars Fund
The Coca-Cola First Generation Scholars Fund will provide 31 ($1,500) scholarships for first-generation college students over two years (if applicable). First-generation students are defined as those admissions applicants who have had neither a parent graduate from a university or college.
Recipients will receive $1500 per year (renewable for the second year)
- $750 Fall & $750 Spring or
- $500 Fall, $500 Spring and $500 Summer
Must have a 3.0 GPA to apply (first-year students GPA’s will be verified through high school transcripts)
- Maintaining a 2.5 GPA for the second year
Open to all majors
Must be a full-time/full-time equivalent enrolled student
Attend 75% of first-generation scholarship programs/events throughout the academic year.
- Programing/events will be designed to help students adjust to college life, professional development, and soft skills training.