Adult Education

Adult Education Department

Welcome to the Adult Education Program at Atlanta Technical College!

The Atlanta Technical College Adult Education Department Commitment

Atlanta Technical College is committed to providing GED® preparatory courses to assist residents of Georgia acquire basic skills in reading, writing, and math computation. The courses are FREE of charge to students who have not completed high school. During the program, students are able to enroll in a career pathway at the College or earn a Technical Certificate of Credit in a high demand occupation in as little as six months!.

For more information, email or call 404-225-4433.

How Do You Sign Up?

You must register online for orientation and testing to begin classes. Orientations are held virtually every two weeks via the WebEx meeting platform. Listed below are the types of documentation necessary to begin classes. Once you sign up for Orientation and testing, we will send you the necessary links to submit documentation. We cannot wait to help you get started on living your best life!

FREE GED preparatory classes are held virtually, at the following times: M-Th, 9AM, 12PM, 3PM, 6-PM-9PM. You will have the option to select your class times.

You must have access to a laptop, desktop or tablet, and Internet access.

For questions, please email


Register to start living your best life

How to sign up for adult education classes

Students 18 and Oder

A current, valid government-issued ID is required for admission into the program. Acceptable forms of identification are listed below.

  • Driver’s license or ID issued by a state or territory
  • U.S Permanent Resident card
  • U.S. Passport
  • U.S. Military ID
  • Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
  • Foreign passport with I-94, I-94A or I-94W
  • Foreign passport with U.S. Visa

Are you 16 or 17?

If you are 16 or 17 you cannot take the GED exams until first enrolling in the program and attending courses. You must bring a parent or guardian with valid ID and the following documentation to the Orientation:

  • Government-Issued/non-expired Student ID
  • Government-Issued/non-expired Parent ID
  • Birth Certificate
  • School Withdrawal Form (see criteria below)
    • Name on withdrawal form must match student’s ID
    • Withdrawal form must be original and have a high school administrator’s signature
    • Withdrawal form must be dated
    • Parent MUST sign if student is 16 or 17 years old