Georgia Film Academy
Introduction to On-Set Film Production
The GFA is a unique-in-the-nation, state-wide effort which will provide you with:
- Multi-disciplinary training by professionals in the film, TV and new media industries.
- In classroom course work coupled with on-set, hands-on training.
- Opportunity to work on “real world” projects in order to develop recognized film credits, through partnerships with professional productions.
- Hands-on instruction and training working with a package of professional equipment (cameras, sound gear, lights, etc.) as well as production trucks, generators and sound studio space.
- One-on-one job counseling to include resume preparation, job research and job placement outreach.
The Georgia Film Academy certification program is comprised of 18 credit hours specifically designed to provide students with a basic level of on-set film production skills, knowledge and experience with film-industry standard organizational structure, professional equipment, and on-set procedures.
The first course, Introduction to On-Set Film Production, combines classroom instruction and hands-on experience with industry-standard equipment. The GFA also offers Specialty Craft Courses for advanced training in specialized crafts, like Set Construction & Scenic Painting, Lighting & Electric and Grip & Rigging. Even more specialty courses are in development for 2018. Eligible students may apply for the competitive GFA Film & Television Production Internship course where they learn and hone their craft while working on the crew of a Professional production.
Introduction to On-Set Film Production CourseClass Dates: Wednesdays
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Location: Pinewood Atlanta Studio
461 Sandy Creek Road, Fayetteville, GA 30214
To Register: https://atcgfa1.eventbrite.com
Class Dates: Wednesdays & Thursdays
Time: Wednesday 4:00pm -10pm, Thursday 9:00am – 3:00pm
Location: OFS Studios
6305 Crescent Drive, Norcross, GA 30071
GFA 1: Wednesday
GFA 1: Thursday
Course Fee: $750
For information call 404-225-4487 or email: