Articulation Agreements

What is an articulation agreement?

It’s an officially approved agreement between two institutions of higher learning that allows students to apply credits earned at one institution in specific courses or programs toward their advanced standing, entry, or transfer into another institution.

What will it mean for you, the student?

The transfer agreements between Atlanta Technical College and other colleges and universities serve to minimize duplication of coursework while allowing for a smooth transition to the next phase of your educational journey.

While articulation agreements make the transferring of college credits between Atlanta Technical College and other colleges and universities easier, other course work not listed may also transfer. If you wish to transfer course credit between institutions, you will need to contact the college or university you are wishing to transfer credits to for evaluation.

If you are unable to view the documents on this page, you may download Adobe Acrobat Reader here

SARA Institution Seal of Participation here

Under the Complete College Georgia agreement, USG (University System of Georgia) institutions and TCSG (Technical College System of Georgia) institutions will accept general education courses for transfer between their respective institutions: (click here to view list).

TCSG and GICA articulation version 2018 FINAL TCSG GICA Articulation Course Inclusion.

General Education courses that transfer to USG institutions.

In addition, thanks to articulation agreements between the Technical College System of Georgia, the University System of Georgia, the Georgia Independent College Association (GICA), and the following colleges, you can transfer credit earned between SACSCOC accredited schools:

The TCSG-USG agreement specifies 27 general education courses that are guaranteed to transfer between SACS COC-accredited institutions. A number of additional Atlanta Technical College courses transfer to USG schools, and more information can be found by searching the transfer equivalency database on the USG school's website or contacting the school.