Transfer Student Admission

I’ve previously attended
another college or university

Learn more about transferring to ATC.

Applicants to Atlanta Technical College who have been previously enrolled at a post-secondary institution must submit the following to the Admissions Office:
  1. Application for admission along with $25 (non-refundable) application fee.
  2. Submit sealed official college transcripts from ALL previously attended institutions. Not listing all institutions will affect your admissions and financial aid status. Transcripts can be submitted electronically or in person. Documents sent via personal email, faxed documents, or opened documents will not be accepted. Applicants who have successfully
    • Submit electronic transcripts using Escrip-safe, National Student Clearinghouse, or Parchment services. Have your former institution send them to:
    • If your school does not send transcripts electronically, they can send the official paper copy to:
      Atlanta Technical College Office of Admissions
      1560 Metropolitan Parkway SW,
      Atlanta, GA 30310.
    • Students from secondary schools and/or colleges outside the United States MUST have transcripts sent directly to an ATC-approved organization for evaluation of U.S. equivalency. We currently accept transcripts from World Education Services, Education Credential Evaluators, and Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
  3. earned an Associate Degree or higher, completed English and/or Math with a (C or better), or earned a minimum of 30 semesters or 45 quarter hours at the degree level may submit their college transcripts in lieu of a high school diploma or a state-authorized examination the state recognizes as the equivalent of a high school diploma as described above.
  4. SAT1, ACT, Compass, Accuplacer, or other nationally recognized admissions placement test scores. Admissions placement testing may not be required for applicants who completed and earned an Associate Degree or higher or earned a minimum grade of C in college 100 level English and Math coursework from a regionally accredited institution.

No more than 75% of the total required hours in a diploma, certificate, or degree program will be approved for transfer credit. Transfer credit may be awarded for courses completed with a “C” or better from a regionally accredited college or university.